Maggot is a maggot and a resident of the Land of the Dead. He is also one of Emily's closest friends.
Maggot and Black Widow were dating when Victor Van Dort and Emily were married. During the first half of the movie, Maggot commonly makes his residence inside Emily's head, either popping out of her ear or pushing out her loose eye to speak to her or others.
After "Tears to Shed," he is only seen outside of Emily's body. He tries to help her sometimes, but is not always good received. Maggot is seen being picked up off the ground by Black Widow.
He's seen at Victoria Everglot's wedding party. The last time we saw Maggot is when he got stuck in the Land of the Living so that he can join Victor and Victoria's wedding.
Maggot often offers advice to Emily, though it is not always appreciated. He also is seen to be a very morbid individual.
Maggot is lime-green with large pink lips.
- "Well, that's a great way to start a marriage." - To Emily inside her head while meeting Victor Van Dort.
- "Psst, hey, I think you dropped something". - After Emily loses her leg and falls down while dancing.
- "If I hadn't just been sitting in it, I would say that you'd lost your mind!" - To Emily waiting Victor in the woods.
- "You don't know me, but I used to live in your dead mother." - To an elderly woman in Victoria Everglot's wedding party.
- "Let me at him! Let me at him! Don't hold me back!" - To Elder Gutknecht about torturing Lord Barkis Bittern.
- "Not anymore" - A happy Maggot after Lord Barkis died, wanting to see his future turtore.
- Maggot is based off Peter Lorre (originally Laszlo Lowenstein).