Finis is dour and grumpy, one of his first reactions to upset is to call for his musket.
He is a lord -- according to background materials, descended from an Archduke. Finis is married to other broken noble, Maudeline Everglot.
He loathes having to marry his daughter to the son of a fish merchant, but recognizes that the Van Dorts have money they desperately need.
After Victor Van Dort's disappearance and believing that Lord Barkis Bittern is rich, he and his wife send their daughter to her room to not letting ger escape again to search Victor and his dead wife, and forced her to getting married with Lord Barkis.
It's not known what happens to him and his wife after his undead grandfather shows up at Victoria's wedding party and scares them into their room.
The next day, Victor and Victoria had their wedding. Finis and Maudeline were there at the wedding, finally accepting Victor as their son-in-law.
- "Well, hello. What a pleasure. Welcome to our home." - To the Vand Dorts, trying to smile in request of his wife, Maudeline Everglot.
- "Out of the way, you ninny!" - To Victor Van Dort, who wanted to put out the fire on Lady Everglot's dress.
- "If ever I see that Van Dort boy, I'll strangle him with my bare hands!" - To his wife about strangle Victor for disappearing before getting married with their daughter, Victoria Everglot.
- "There's an eye in me soup." - Shocked after seeing Bonejangles' eye on his bowl at his daughter's wedding party.
- Finis's grandfather calls him Finny, named after his voice actor Albert Finny.
- Finis at one point calls Victor by the name of Vincent, which is the name of the protagonist of the original story.
- When Finis looks at an eyeball floating on the soup he is eating, he says, "There's an eye in me soup." It is possibly a parody of one of the waiter jokes, "There's a fly in my soup!".