Alfred is a resident of the Land of the Dead.
While his voice sounds old, Alfred moves youthfully at dances with his stylish mustache. He also appears to a very patient and loving husband.
He is a rather thin skeleton and wears a dark purple suitcoat and always has his pipe in hand.
He also reappears when Mayhew arrives to the pub while Mayhew and Victor conversate.
When the undead run amongst the living to assist at Emily and Victor's wedding, his elderly alive wife attacks him with her stroller before realizes who it is. She states he has been dead for fifteen years before being kissed by Alfred.
Alfred and his wife walked hand in hand to the church. They are seen sitting at Victor and Emily's wedding.
- "Sweetie pie!
- Alfred? Oh! You've been dead for fifteen years!
- Frankly, my dear... I don't give a damn!" - To his still alive but elderly wife while first trying to avoid her hits and then while tenderly grabbing her.
- Shes having second thoughts (Whisper)
- His response to Gertdrue was the famous last line from the 1939 movie Gone With The Wind.
- Oddly enough he resembles the main character Rhett Butler.